|Why we use electroplated diamond blades for cutting composite materials?|
Composite materials are materials that are made from two or more different substances that have distinct physical or chemical properties. They are widely used in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, construction, and sports because they offer superior performance, strength, stiffness, and durability compared to conventional materials .
However, cutting composite materials can be challenging because they often have complex shapes, heterogeneous structures, high abrasiveness, and low thermal conductivity. These factors can cause problems such as tool wear, delamination, heat damage, and poor surface quality when using conventional cutting tools.
That's why we use electroplated diamond blades for cutting composite materials. Electroplated diamond blades are saw blades that have diamonds attached to their edges by an electrochemical process . They have several advantages over other types of cutting tools:
- They are thinner than other blades, which means they can cut faster, safer, and with less material waste.
- They have high diamond concentration and uniform distribution on the blade surface, which means they can cut harder and more abrasive materials with ease.
- They have an exclusive diamond side pad that can smooth the edges of the cuts and prevent chipping or cracking of fragile materials.
- They can be used wet or dry depending on the application and material properties .
- They are made with high-quality diamonds that can last longer and maintain their sharpness better than other blades.
Electroplated diamond blades are ideal for cutting thermosetting plastics, GRP (glass-reinforced plastic), pre-sintered and pre-fired (green) materials, electro carbons, graphite, soft ferrites (magnetic ceramics), farinaceous products (starchy foods), deep frozen fish (for food processing), bones (for medical purposes), pc boards (for electronics), marble (for decoration), granite tiles (for flooring), fiberglass (for insulation), marble countertops (for kitchen) etc.